Tablets How to create an USB installation disk for Windows (the easiest way) | BLOG IT

How to create an USB installation disk for Windows (the easiest way)

Recently I need to perform a Windows 2012 installation on a Server without CD/DVD player. I have the DVD media and the server only have USB ports.
I have a 64 GB USB pen drive, and my laptop with DVD player.
In order to create a boot drive with my USB pen drive, I did the following (If you have valuable information on your USB pen drive please backup before to continue):


  1. Insert your USB pen drive on your computer and then do a right click and select format and use the default setting that Windows shows (I have Windows 7).
  2. Open a DOS command prompt window and type:
    • xcopy D:\*.* /s/e/f E:\


My DVD Player has Drive Letter "D" assigned and my USB pen drive has the "E" letter assigned.

Basically I transfer from the Windows 2012 media DVD the boot files to my USB and automatically copied all the files that exist on DVD.

After that I boot the server with the USB pen drive and It starts the installation for Windows 2012.








SHARE

About Robert SA

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentarios: